Friday, July 19, 2013

I Am Only One...


"I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. The something I ought to do, I can do. And by the grace of God, I will."  - Edward Everett Hale

While on my 40 day Soul Fast I read this quote and it drove home for me an idea that was simple yet complex. Right in my face, yet very obscure. It is a verse that reads... "We throw open our doors to God and discover at the same moment that He has already thrown open His door to us. We find ourselves standing where we always hoped we might stand -- out in the wide-open spaces of God's grace and glory, standing tall and shouting our praise" (Romans 5:2).

This was the part of my journey when I realized that having hope in God is not just part of the solution...it IS the solution to living authentically and abundantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment